F. J. McGuigan Dissertation Award (Deadline: June 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply: APF is seeking applications for the F. J. McGuigan Dissertation Award, which supports dissertation research that addresses any aspect of mental function (e.g., cognition, affect, motivation) and seeks to understand the mind from both a behavioral and neural perspective.
Proposed research should be compatible with McGuigan’s overall goals and may fall within any area of contemporary behavioral or brain science (including more recent forms of cognitive psychology).
Submission: Please include the following in a single document (Not to exceed three pages, one-inch margins, 11-point Times New Roman/Garamond Font, single space):
- Goals, relevant background/literature review
- Methods (must be detailed enough so that the design, assessments and procedures can be evaluated)
- Anticipated outcomes, significance and impact
- Project timeline (not to exceed one page; typically, APF grants are for one year)
- Detailed budget and justification (not to exceed one page)
- Abbreviated CV (not to exceed five pages)
- Recommendation letter from academic advisor.
Deadline: June 1, 2018