Who Can Apply:
- All applicants must sign up for the MyFamilyTravels.com community prior to submitting an essay.
- All applicants must complete a profile on MyFamilyTravels.com and include a photograph of themselves
- Upon completion of your profile, you will be sent a message to the email address you have provided. Please be sure to check both your inbox and your spam box and respond to this email
- Applications will be accepted between May 15, 2017 and July 14, 2017.
- Applicants must be ages 13-18 and attending grades 8-12.
- Applicants must be attending junior high or high school in the United States or Canada, or an American international school abroad, or be enrolled in a U.S. homeschool program.
- Travel blogs must be no more than 600 words in length, and the trip must have been taken in the last five years.
- Entries must include text and be illustrated by at least one photo, digital artwork or video. (In addition to the personal photograph on your profile).
- Travel essays must include practical details so that others can follow in your footsteps. Details should include names of attractions, museums, themeparks, resorts, restaurants, the local beach, etc. with URLs as appropriate.
- Travel blogs must be submitted online using the FTF Teen Travel Scholarship Essay Submission Form. Please create a strong, descriptive blog title, and use the editing tools provided to make paragraph breaks or add punctuation, and to upload your photos and or video.
- All applications must be received no later than 11:59pm ET on July 14, 2017. Late entries will not be considered.
- Your Travel blog must be your original creation and must not have been previously published.
- Multiple submissions are not allowed.
Deadline: July 14, 2017
Amount: $250, $500, $1,000
Learn More: https://myfamilytravels.com/Teen_travel_writing