Who Can Apply: FedEx Express will award a B767 type rating to two qualified female pilots who are WAI members. The training program will include all appropriate materials, and will be in Memphis, Tennessee, in Fall 2019.
- Applicants must have commercial, instrument, and multiengine certificates; minimum of 1,500 hours total flight time; passed a FAA ATP written within the last two years; and hold a current first-class FAA medical certificate.
- A candidate’s early withdrawal from the course or failure to secure the type rating does not obligate FedEx to offer any remedial training or another opportunity to attend the course.
- The type rating is limited to the named recipient and is non-transferable.
- There is no cash equivalent for the type rating program.
Submission: In addition to the minimum WAI scholarship application requirements, candidates must address the following questions within their 500-word essay:
1. How would this scholarship help you achieve your career goals?
2. Describe what the FedEx phrase “Absolutely Positively Overnight” means to you.
Deadline: November 12, 2018