Who Can Apply:
- Have attended a Chapel Hill – Carrboro City Schools district high school for a minimum of one school year, or be scheduled to complete a minimum of one year at the end of the current academic year.
- Be a high school graduate or scheduled to become a high school graduate in the year of the application, or have completed and received a GED.
- Be an immigrant to the United States who came to the country with or without parents or a first generation United States citizen of immigrant parents or guardians. Applicants may be documented or undocumented immigrants.
- Have overcome significant adversity to pursue educational goals. Examples of adversity include but are not limited to: escaping a dangerous life from home country, torture, learning English as a second language, poverty, being required by parents or guardians to work to help support the family, abuse in the family, substance abuse, physical or mental handicaps.
- Demonstrate financial need through financial information documentation.
- Provide a completed Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship application and required forms and paperwork.
- Have been accepted into an accredited college, university, community college, or trade school.
Submission: Application forms must be submitted using the Foundation’s new online system.
Deadline: February 28, 2016
Learn More: Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship