Ferris Burtis Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Applicants must be students who are graduating high school seniors who have been accepted in a conservatory or school of music for the fall term for the purpose of pursuing a career in some form of classical music. Applicants must be full-time residents of the Berkshire Taconic region. Exceptions may be made for students attending boarding schools whose families are currently residents of the Berkshire Taconic region.
- Two letters of recommendation from a recent teacher, counselor or community leader, at least one of which must be a music teacher who has taught you.
- A completed Financial Aid Form (FAFSA), which can be obtained through your guidance office. You may add one additional sheet, if necessary, to explain any unusual financial circumstances that you think should be taken into consideration on your behalf. PLEASE NOTE: Special financial information is held in confidence by the Foundation and is not given to the Committee. The Foundation gives the Committee only general financial information about the applicant.
- Evidence of acceptance into a conservatory, school of music or music program within a college or university.
- A typed or printed one page essay on the following: What is your history as a student of music? What are your goals as a musician?
- A music file of your performance
Deadline: April 1, 2018