Who Can Apply:
- Must be the first generation in their family to attain a college degree (Note: Students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). To be considered first generation, parents or legal guardians must not have earned baccalaureate degrees and you should be self-reported as a First Generation student on the FAFSA.
- Must be a degree-seeking undergraduate student at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
- Must demonstrate financial need by completing FAFSA and be eligible for a Pell Grant
- Scholarship is open to both Florida and non-Florida residents. For scholarships to be eligible under the Florida First Generation Matching Grant Program, applicant must be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- For at least one of the annual scholarships, preference will be given to a Carrabbamico or Bloomin’ Brand employee with valid documentation of employment
Deadline: July 17, 2019
Learn More: https://fiu.academicworks.com/opportunities/7191