Who Can Apply:
a. The scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in or accepted for admission to the University, who are also enrolled in The Honors College (minimum 3.3 GPA required). Students must be Hispanic-American or a person of Spanish culture with origins in Mexico, South America, Central America, or the Caribbean, regardless of race, as expressly authorized pursuant to the eligibility requirements for the State of Florida’s José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant Program, set forth in Florida Statute 1009.72(5).
b. Additionally, the student must meet the criteria below in accordance with the regulations of the First Generation Matching Grant Program:
i. Recipients must be the first generation in their family to attain a college degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible).
ii. Recipients must be residents of the State of Florida.
iii. Recipients must be degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester.
iv. Recipients must demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Please upload a current resume that provides educational and professional background information
- Choose the ethnicity that best describes you:
- Please provide a short personal statement of your financial need (no more than two paragraphs).
- Are you or will you be a first generation college graduate in your family?
- All applicants must submit an essay/personal statement (2-page, double-spaced) in which you describe your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future. Remember, this is often the best opportunity you have to speak directly to the scholarship review committee! Please check spelling and grammar carefully before submitting your essay. We recommend you compose the statement in a different word processing program and then paste it into this box. Must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
Deadline: July 14, 2019
Learn More: https://fiu.academicworks.com/opportunities/8300