Who Can Apply: To provide a college scholarship annually to a graduating senior at Upson-Lee High School who demonstrates great financial need as well as academic potential.
- Applicant must be a graduating Senior at Upson-Lee High School in good standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need and list other scholarships that he or she has applied for.
- Applicant must enroll in the college/university in the fall semester following his/her high school graduation.
- Scholarship winner will be announced at the Upson-Lee High School Senior Honor’s Night (April).
- This Scholarship is renewable for up to four years, contingent upon the recipient maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA and being enrolled full-time (12 hours).
- Provide one reference who will provide a recommendation. This reference should be a teacher, counselor, or mentor who can describe the applicant’s character, personality, and likelihood of success in college.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- Family Financial Information – the applicant must submit one of the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If you did not apply for FAFSA, please submit a copy of your parent/guardian’s most recent IRS Form-1040.
Deadline: March 15, 2016