Who Can Apply:
- This scholarship is for non-traditional medical school students working toward an M.D. or D.O. degree in a medical school in the state of Georgia.
- Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited medical school located in the state of Georgia. (Currently Augusta University in Augusta or Athens, Emory University, Morehouse School of Medicine, Mercer University in Macon or Savannah or the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Georgia Campus in Kennesaw, GA.)
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- Applicants must have lived and/or worked in Central Georgia for a minimum period of 3 years at some point before applying to Medical School. The Central Georgia area is defined as the following counties: Bibb, Baldwin, Butts, Coffee, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Lamar, Laurens, Monroe, Peach, Spalding, Taylor, Twiggs, Upson, and Wilkinson.
- A short answer response describing how long you have lived or worked in Central Georgia and what your commitment to the Central Georgia community is.
- A short answer response describing your career path since college graduation and why you’re choosing to go to medical school now. Why have you selected the field of medicine after working in a professional career, and what motivates you to learn more about the field of medicine?
- A short essay to include anything that you want the selection committee to know about you that has not been disclosed in another section of the application. Have you experienced any hardships, challenges, or obstacles that have influenced your educational pursuits?
- A resume listing your work, school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent undergraduate college transcript.
Deadline: March 15, 2023
Amount: $500 – $1,000
Learn More: https://cfcga.org/scholarship/g-michael-shoffner-m-d-scholarship-fund/