Who Can Apply: The George W. Bush Presidential Foundation North Korea Freedom Scholarship provides one or more annual scholarships for up to $15,000 per year, per student to deserving students who intend to pursue an educational program in the United States or its possessions. Applicants must be lawful permanent residents of the United States who were born in North Korea prior to legal immigration to the United State or their immediate family members. Scholarships may be used to cover tuition, fees, books, and on-campus housing.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria:
Applicants must demonstrate:
1. Legal status as lawful permanent residents of the United State or U.S. citizenship.
2. Birth in North Korea or be immediate family members of someone who was born in North Korea prior to legal immigration to the United States.
- Please respond to the following essay questions:
- 01. Please briefly describe the circumstances of how you came from North Korea to the United States.
- 02. How can your experience of coming to the United States from North Korea help you make America a better place in which to live?
- 03. Describe the goals you hope to achieve by pursuing your educational program. What do you plan to study? How will this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
Deadline: April 25, 2018