George Washington University Blog Abroad Scholarship (Deadline: December 1, 2015)
Who Can Apply: The Blog Abroad Scholarship provides $1,000 for students who are interested in writing about their experiences while abroad. Students who are awarded the Blog Abroad Scholarship will be expected to post entries on our WordPress Blog site at least once a week discussing their experience living in a different culture. Students who visit the Office for Study Abroad website will be able to follow the blog and learn more about what it is like to be immersed in a different culture.
- Meets all study abroad eligibility requirements;
- Be willing to immerse yourself in the culture of the host country;
- Creativity and strong writing skill
Submission: All application materials must be submitted online. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
1. 500- to 750-word sample Blog Post addressing the following Blog prompt:
A. Describe your favorite place to go in DC and why it is your favorite place.
Why do you think other students should visit your favorite place?
2. Financial aid award letter or short statement of financial need
Deadline: December 1, 2015