George Washington University Commitment to Community Scholarship (Deadline: December 1, 2015)
Who Can Apply: The Commitment to Community Scholarship provides $1,000 for students who plan to participate in service-learning programs or volunteer, intern or conduct research while they are abroad and continue that service when they return to campus. Recipients of the Commitment to Community scholarship are expected to submit a journal entry online once a month discussing their volunteer experience or research. Students are also expected to continue their commitment to the community when they return to campus by participating in Office for Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation as an Alumni of their region and participating in the Cultural Service Learning Buddy program through the Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service.
- Meets all study abroad eligibility requirements;
- Plans to volunteer or do research while abroad and continue volunteering or furthering their research when they return to campus.
Submission: All application materials must be submitted online. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
1. 500- to 750-word essay addressing the following prompt:
A. Community Leaders can come in many forms.
Tell us about a person who inspires you and how they are a leader
in your community at home or here at GW.
2. 500- to 750-word essay describing your intended research, internship, volunteer work, or service learning work
3. Financial aid award letter or short statement of financial need
Deadline: December 1, 2015