Who Can Apply: The scholarship program was established in 1999 to recognize the Myers family’s commitment to develop successful role models within the Hispanic community and provide opportunities to Hispanic students who may not otherwise have access to higher education. The Myers family believes that every young person, regardless of ability to pay, deserves a chance to reach his/her potential.
DACA students are welcome to apply. Exceptions to the four years of support will be considered on a case-by-case basis for students who may be unable to complete their degree in that period of time. The Gerald E. & Juanita T. Myers Scholarship goes beyond financial support as the student will be provided by members of the Myers family with a mentor for guidance, encouragement and support for his/her successes.
- U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Student of Spanish, Latino or Hispanic descent.
- High School Senior at time of application deadline.
- Preference given to students from low-income families as indicated by the FAFSA and/or their explanation of Financial Need essay in the application.
- Intend to attend a Maricopa Community College full-time and then transfer to a 4-year university.
Deadline: March 29, 2019