Who Can Apply: This scholarship was established in memory of Gerry Lehn, who died following a lung transplant in October 2007. Gerry’s three sons were all active in Lawrenceburg High School athletics, and Gerry was a constant presence on the sidelines, camera in hand. Throughout the years, Gerry was a youth coach and an avid fan, with a special place in his heart for athletes who, regardless of talent level, played with heart. This scholarship honors a male student demonstrating the attributes that brought joy to Gerry.
• Must be a male senior student at Lawrenceburg High School;
• Must be planning to attend a trade school; two (2); or four (4) year accredited college or university;
• Must have a GPA of 2.8 – 3.9 on a 4.0 grading scale; GPA’s below 2.8 or above 3.9 are not eligible;
• Applicants must demonstrate athletic ability by participating in at least one school sponsored athletic team during his four years of high school, with preference given to the sports of boys’ soccer and football;
• Must submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation from the coaching staff describing the contribution of the individual to the team and/or LHS athletic program at large and;
• Must complete the required essay.
Deadline: January 6, 2020