Who Can Apply: The Glenn L. Moller, Jr. Memorial Scholarship is for students from the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County who have overcome adversity to prepare for future success. Preference will be given to applicants who have been touched and affected by the programs of Neighborhood Houses. High School seniors, high school graduates and current college students are eligible to apply. Recipients will demonstrate financial need at an eligible two year or four year public college, university, or technical college, and may apply for renewal of the award for three additional undergraduate years. Neighborhood Houses is a program of the Board for Inner City Missions of the United Church of Christ of Metropolitan St. Louis.
- Graduating senior, high school graduate, or current college student
- Resident of the City of St. Louis or St. Louis County
- Participation in a Neighborhood Houses program a benefit but not a requirement
- College preparatory academic record and potential for success
- Demonstrated financial need at an eligible college or university
- Full time enrollment at an eligible public two-year or four-year college, university or technical college.
Submission: Write a brief essay about a difficult situation you have faced in your life and how you met the challenge.
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Amount: $1,000 to $4,000