Who Can Apply: U.S. or Canadian students who meet one of the following 3 criteria are eligible to enter:
- Currently a high school junior or senior in good standing;
- Have been accepted at an accredited college or university;
- Are enrolled in a college or university located in the United States or Canada.
Submission: Your entry must consist of a minimum 1,000 and a maximum of 2,500 words in the form of a strategy for motivating high school students and their teacher to volunteer abroad. Proper grammar, punctuation and citations are required. Points are awarded for understanding and insight into Global Volunteers programs.
Questions that should be answered include:
- How can high school volunteers benefit from short-term (1-3 weeks) international service experiences?
- What opportunities exist to integrate volunteering abroad into the school’s curriculum?
- How can the broader community support international service by high school students?
- What are some effective ways to motivate high school students to volunteer abroad?
Include specific promotional tactics for engaging students in school-based recruiting.
Deadline: October 15, 2017
Learn More: https://globalvolunteers.org/scholarship-award/