Who Can Apply: Friends and supporters of Globe native Rose Mofford, the first woman to serve as governor of the state of Arizona (1988-01) established a scholarship in her name. That scholarship program made awards to students from rural Arizona from 2000 – 2009. In 2010, the scholarship program focused on graduating seniors from Globe High School. Awards will be given to students with high academic potential and high financial need to help them achieve their goal of earning post-secondary education.
- Current graduating senior of Globe High School.
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes at accredited state universities or community colleges.
- Financial need as indicated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
- Admitted to an accredited Arizona university, community college or vocational/technical school.
- Cumulative grade point average 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrated evidence of high motivation, determination to succeed and potential leadership.
- Extracurricular/community involvement.
- Preference for students who have participated in high school or community competitive athletics.
Deadline: March 15, 2019