Greater Vail Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship (Deadline: February 1, 2016)
Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a current Senior in good standing enrolled in the Vail Unified School District.
- Weighted consideration will be given to applicants who best demonstrate a history of pursuing their passion while in high school and have a well thought out plan to achieve the necessary post high school education to reach their professional goals.
- Weighted consideration will be given to letters demonstrating excellent grammar and the ability to express themselves.
- Consideration will only be given to applicants who have plans to attend an accredited post high school institution in the state of Arizona but it need not be a college or university.
- Weighted consideration will be given to students who plan to work in the Greater Vail Area upon completion of their post high school coursework.
- The $2000 scholarship is in memory of Pete Inks and will have weighted consideration given to students who have demonstrated community involvement and volunteer commitments.
- Students must fill out the attached application form.
- Students must submit a one-page essay describing their pursuit of a future career path, the next steps they plan on taking toward their success in that field, and how the assistance will impact their plans.
- Students must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher/mentor who has a connection with the student’s current activities.
Deadline: February 1, 2016