Who Can Apply:
1. Citizenship—The candidate must be a United States citizen of Italian descent, having at least one parent of Italian ancestry.
2. Sponsorship—An applicant must reside in the home state of an active UNICO Chapter. Every UNICO Chapter or District, in good standing, may sponsor candidates for each of the UNICO Foundation scholarships.
3. Educational Requirements – A candidate must be currently attending, full time, an accredited campus based college/university in the United States, pursuing an Engineering Degree in one of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, industrial, biomedical, chemical, manufacturing, aerospace, or computer. The candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Proof of enrollment must be provided prior to issuing the scholarship award check.
4. Financial Need—Financial need is a consideration.
5. Extra-Curricular and Community Participation—The extent to which a candidate has contributed to the life and welfare of college and/or community will be considered in the assessment of merit.
6. Family Members—UNICANS and their family members may be sponsored through their respective Chapters.
7. Timeframe—The candidate must continue studies within the academic year of the scholarship grant; any deviation will result in forfeiture.
Deadline: April 15, 2018