Who Can Apply: The Guy P. Gannett Scholarship Fund was established in 2000 by the Guy P. Gannett Foundation to provide renewable support for students majoring in journalism or a field reasonably related, including all forms of print, broadcast or electronic media.
- Recipients must be graduates of Maine high schools or home-schooled in a Maine community during their last year of secondary education.
- Students will be chosen based on demonstrated interest in journalism, financial need and academic achievement.
- The Guy P. Gannett Scholarship recognizes students who will become journalists.
- Their dedication to this profession is evident in their choice of coursework and extracurricular activities.
- Recipients are encouraged to apply for renewal consideration throughout their post-secondary and graduate education.
- As recipients progress through school, the Selection Committee expects to see a significant increase in demonstrated intent to pursue a career in journalism.
Deadline: April 1, 2020