Who Can Apply:
- Applicant must be a current high school senior
- Applicant must be attending a school in the Maui County School System (including Lanai & Molokai)
- Applicant must demonstrate strong, consistent involvement in at least one area of choral or instrumental music.
- Applicant must demonstrate positive impact/involvement in his or her community and/or school
- An office, manager, trustee or member of the selection committee of Hard Rock Cafe Maui; substantial contributor and certain US government officials; and the family members of these individuals are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Completed application form.
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should include biographical information, career and/or scholastic goals, and your involvement in choral or instrumental music. Please conclude your letter with a paragraph explaining how you have worked to make a positive difference in your school or community. This letter should be typed in 12-point Times or Times New Roman font, double spaced and between 300 and 500 words.
- An official high school transcript including the first semester of your senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a music instructor and one from your community interests. Letters from family will not be accepted. These letters should be provided in sealed envelopes with your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will not be considered.
Deadline: April 1, 2016
Learn More: Hard Rock Cafe Maui Scholarship