The Harold Johnson Law Enforcement Scholarship (Deadline: February 21, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- A demonstrated desire and a plan to pursue a career in police work, corrections or other criminal justice fields. Law school students are not eligible
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Current graduating senior or graduate of a public or private high school in the greater San Francisco Bay Area (includes San Francisco, San Mateo, Marin, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz, Monterey and San Benito counties)
- Planning to enroll or currently enrolled in a two- or four-year college, university or police academy as a full-time student
- United States citizen
Submission: Your personal statement must be 500-800 words, double-spaced (approximately 2-3 pages), and must address the following prompts:
- Describe your short- and long-term goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.
- Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college OR your intended career if you are a current college student.
- Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college.
- Describe why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.
Deadline: February 21, 2018