Who Can Apply:
- Through her estate, Mrs. Boland established this fund to award an annual scholarship to graduating seniors.
- One student from each of the four original Poudre School District high schools are selected for an award. (The original four high schools are Poudre High, Fort Collins High, Centennial High, and Rocky Mountain High). This specific application form is for Centennial High School students only.
- Applicant should be a senior who has demonstrated an ability for academic success. Student/student’s family must exhibit acute financial need which would be amplified by a student in college. Selection will be based upon financial need, academics, community involvement, and evidence of a career goal. An essay is required discussing post-secondary plans, career goals, and why those choices were made. Preference is to be given to students who will attend an in-state school, including 2-year/junior college or trade school.
- Please write a short answer essay (500 word maximum) on how you have demonstrated your ability for academic success.
- Please describe for the selection committee your family’s financial situation and why you feel you should be awarded this scholarship.
- Please write an essay (500 word maximum) that shares your post-secondary plans, career goals, and why you have made these choices.
Deadline: February 28, 2020