Harvey Day Memorial Title III Endowed Scholarship (Deadline: March 19, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Harvey Day was the much loved grandfather of Carla Nichols. He was a person who valued hard work and determination. He was born in 1892 and was the youngest of ten children. He was a “self-made man” who worked his way up from a farm hand to a ranch owner. Although he never graduated from high school, he sacrificed much so that his only granddaughter had the opportunity to go to college. It is in honor of his determination and respect for education that this endowment was established.
A student chosen to receive this scholarship will automatically receive a second year of funding if they can demonstrate continued financial need and verify a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher by submitting transcripts from their first year at EdCC to the Foundation office.
- Applicant must be a first year student.
- Applicant must have a cumulative 3.0 or higher.
- Applicant must be eligible for Washington State resident tuition.
- Applicant must be a first generation college student.
- Applicant must plan to transfer to a four-year school.
Deadline: March 19, 2018