Who Can Apply:
- Must demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism and community contribution, in the spirit of New Jersey Heroes. Our mission at New Jersey Heroes is to recognize, celebrate, and promote the Heroes of New Jersey who inspire fellow New Jerseyans to give back to their community.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be a New Jersey resident.
- Must have received a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- Must have served in the military and submit documentation of military service (i.e. DD214, NGB22, etc). If applicant has been discharged from the military, must show proof of honorable discharge.
- Must submit a completed scholarship application form via email, mail, or online submission.
- Must enroll as a student at an accredited college/university or a vocational training school in the 2015-2016 school year (Fall or Spring Semester).
- Must demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism and community contribution, in the spirit of New Jersey Heroes.
- Application essays must be typed, double spaced, with size 12 font. Maximum 500 word count per essay.
- This Heart of a Hero Scholarship is to only be used for post-secondary or master’s program tuition, fees, or books. The scholarship check will be made payable directly to the university of the recipient.
- Applicants must fully complete the application form either online at the New Jersey Heroes website: http://newjerseyheroes.org (Click on ‘Scholarship Application’ button) by no later than 5:00pm on Friday, July 31, 2015 or submit an application via US Mail postmarked no later than July 31, 2015 and mailed to NJ Heroes, P.O. Box 95, Mendham, NJ 07945-0095.
- The New Jersey Heroes Scholarship Selection Committee will review and evaluate all scholarship applications and choose the appropriate recipients.
- Recipients of the scholarships will be notified in late August.
Deadline: July 31, 2015
Learn More: Heart of a Hero Scholarship