Helen Dyar King Scholarship (Deadline: March 16, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Helen Dyar King held great regard for those who served in the military and worked as public servants and wanted to support them and their families in the pursuit of higher education.
- U.S. citizen.
- Graduating high school senior or current full time college student.
- Active, former member of, or dependent of personnel in the armed services or law enforcement.
- 2.75 minimum GPA for current college students, 3.0 minimum for high school students.
- Financial need as indicated on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA.
- Preference for students from Arizona.
- To be eligible for this award you must be a member or dependent of an armed forces or law enforcement service person. Qualified groups are: Police/Sheriff, DPS, CBP, Tribal Enforcement, Air Force, Air National Guard, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard.
- 1. Provide the full name of the service member.
- 2. Is the service member active duty or retired/veteran?
- 3. Branch of service
- 4. What is your relationship to the service member? (Son, Daughter, Spouse, etc.)
- 5. It is also required that you submit a copy of the service members ID card as well as a letter from the service member stating their relationship to you. How will you be submitting this information?
Deadline: March 16, 2018
Amount: $2,000 for 2 year college / $4,000 for 4 year university