Who Can Apply: Helen Dyar King held great regard for those who served in the military and worked as public servants and wanted to support them and their families in the pursuit of higher education at an accredited college or university in Arizona.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Graduating high school senior or current full time college student.
- Active, former member of, or dependent of personnel in the armed services or law enforcement.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for graduating high school seniors accepted to a university and current undergraduate students attending a university.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 for graduating high school seniors accepted to a community college and current community college students.
- Financial need as indicated on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA.
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes.
- To be eligible for this award you must be a member or dependent of an armed forces or law enforcement service person. Qualified groups are: Police/Sheriff, DPS, CBP, Tribal Enforcement, Air Force, Air National Guard, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard.
- 1. Provide the full name of the service member.
- 2. Is the service member active duty or retired/veteran?
- 3. Branch of service
- 4. What is your relationship to the service member? (Son, Daughter, Spouse, etc.)
- 5. It is also required that you submit a copy of the service members ID card as well as a letter from the service member stating their relationship to you. How will you be submitting this information?
- Please upload a copy of the service member/law enforcement ID card. Required to complete the application. If ID card is not available, an official document identifying the service member as retired or active will suffice.
- Please upload a signed written statement from the service member describing their relationship to you. If you yourself are the service member you may skip this question.
Deadline: March 15, 2019
Amount: Up to $2,000 for 2 year college or $4,000 for 4 year university