Who Can Apply: The Helen Gum Westlake Memorial Endowed Scholarship for Early Childhood Education supports early education students and is generously funded by the Helen Gum Westlake Endowment. Applicants must currently be enrolled in or admitted to College of DuPage; have taken ECEC 1100, 1101, 2211; and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement detailing their interest in childhood education, their goals, and their background in order to complete the application process.
- Three letters of recommendation are required from all applicants: a letter of recommendation from a COD professor (non-ECEC professor), a letter of recommendation from a community member, and a letter of recommendation from a current or former employer.
- Applicants are responsible for communicating with recommenders to ensure all materials are submitted prior to the application deadline.
- How did you become interested in early childhood education? Describe your goals and plans for the future, explain your current life situation that creates a basis of need, and detail your past and present work experience
- Helen Gum Memorial Scholarship Recommendation Questionnaire
- Letter of recommendation from a COD professor (non ECEC professor)
- Letter of recommendation from a community member
- Letter of recommendation from a current or former employer
- COD transcripts
Deadline: November 1, 2019
Learn More: https://cod.academicworks.com/opportunities/2436