Who Can Apply: Established by her family to honor her memory this scholarship celebrates the long and very full life of Helen H. Huntington who resided in New Paltz. This multi-year scholarship is open to graduating seniors of New Paltz High School going on to college who must apply themselves to prosper and who demonstrate financial need. The scholarship award will be $1,000 per year for no more than four consecutive years. This scholarship is awarded in odd number years.
– Graduating senior from New Paltz High School
– Applicants must have a minimum B minus or equivalent high school GPA
– Demonstrated financial need
– Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: May 1, 2021