Who Can Apply: This scholarship fund was established through the estate of Helen Jean Simpson and designated by the Arizona Community Foundation to help deserving students in Refugee status to attain their educational goals.
- Intent to enroll full time at a 4 year college/university in the U.S.
- Entered the United States in Refugee status as holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” or “Victim of human trafficking.”
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes at public colleges.
- High school graduate with at least a 3.0 GPA in high school or completed college level work.
- Financial need as indicated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).
Deadline: March 15, 2016
Learn More: Helen Jean Simpson Scholarship