Who Can Apply: This scholarship fund was established through the estate of Helen Jean Simpson and designated by the Arizona Community Foundation to help high achieving students in Refugee status to attain their educational goals.
- Graduating high school senior or current college student
- Entered the United States in Refugee status as holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” or “Victim of human trafficking.”
- 3.2 GPA in high school or completed college level work.
- Arizona resident for tuition purposes at public colleges.
- Enrolled full-time in a Bachelor’s Degree program at a 4-year university in the United States.
- Financial need as indicated on the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Preference for students with honors, achievements, or awards earned in academics, athletics, or a work environment.
Deadline: March 15, 2019