Who Can Apply: The Sheriff’s Scholarship Fund of the Hennepin County Sheriff Foundation will provide scholarship awards to full-time undergraduate students in the field of Criminal Justice who are enrolled or will be enrolled at an accredited two year or four year college, in Minnesota, according to the following guidelines:
- Recipients of this award will be candidates for a two or four year degree in a field related to Criminal Justice. Selection will be based on an interview, essay, two teacher recommendations and a preferred GPA of 2.8 or higher. (Lower GPA’s may be considered and weighed with other application criteria.)
- In recruiting students for this scholarship, the Foundation will give preference to children of Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office employees, special deputies, volunteers and other law enforcement personnel, Explorers, Rebound and Boys and Girls Club participants.
- Immediate family of the selection committee, board officers or directors or contributors to the scholarship fund of the Foundation are not eligible for scholarships.
Submission: Interested candidates must submit the following:
- Transcript from high school or college.
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or advisor.
- Completed scholarship application form with attached answers to essay questions.
Deadline: June 30, 2020