Who Can Apply:
- The education must take place in an accredited institution of learning in the United States, its possessions, or Canada.
- Applications must be typed, computer generated, or neatly printed. They must include application form, official transcripts, no less than five and no more than sixteen digital images, prints of the images (4 x 6 inches or larger), and an image description sheet.
- Images: Digital Submissions: Please send a CD of digital images in the following format: JPEG file approximately 1800 pixels on the long side. Label the files: Artist-Title_of_Work_One.jpeg (or.jpg), for example: Smith-NightSky.jpg, etc. Images may be color corrected to accurately represent the work but not enhanced in any way. Image editing is limited to cropping and adding or modifying a solid background of white, black, or gray. HGA also requires prints of each image (4 x 6 inches or larger) and a completed image sheet.
- The accepted digital images will be become the property of HGA and may be used for HGA publications and other promotional purposes. Non-accepted CDs will be destroyed.
- The Scholarship Committee Chairman may disqualify incomplete or illegible applications.
- The scholarship awards will be made in Summer of each year. Amounts of the awards are based on income from the scholarship funds.
- Scholarship funds will be released only after notification of enrollment in the recipient’s accredited school.
- The HGA Scholarship may be used only for tuition. The Dendel Schoalrship may be used for tuition, materials or travel on a case-to-case basis.
- The scholarship funds must be spent within one year of the issue date on the check. Recipients agree to return all unspent money.
- Within one year, a written report on the use of the money, accompanied by receipts and images of the work completed to date, must be sent to the Scholarship Committee, in care of the HGA office.
- Visual materials sent by successful applicants may be retained and used at the discretion of the Handweavers Guild of America, Inc.
- The decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final.
Submission: For application form, go to: http://www.weavespindye.org/hga-dendel-scholarship.
Deadline: March 15, 2015
Learn More: HGA Dendel Scholarship