Who Can Apply: To qualify for the Highly Sensitive Person Scholarship, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You are a highly sensitive person (HSP).
- You must be enrolled as a student in an accredited college or university, or you must be an incoming new student (already accepted) at an accredited institution.
- The institution must be in the United States. (We’re sorry to our international friends — this is necessary to avoid legal complexity! We hope to be able to offer international scholarships in the future.)
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- You must submit an unofficial high school or college transcript; a completed application; and your essay.
Submission: Please choose ONE of the topics below, and write an essay that shows us why you’re the ideal candidate for this scholarship. Essays must be from 500 to 1,000 words in length; longer or shorter essays will not be considered.
- Topic #1: The Discovery. For many HSPs, learning about high sensitivity for the first time is eye-opening. How did learning that you’re an HSP change the way you see yourself — and the way you see your place in the world? What changes did this discovery lead you to make, either in your relationships, your goals, or the way you present yourself?
- Topic #2: Flipping the Script. It’s common for HSPs to feel misunderstood. What have you done to change the way people see you, and highly sensitive people in general? What steps have you taken to establish healthier relationships or build acceptance and respect for high sensitivity? How has this paid off — and what change do you see it making?
- Topic #3: Higher Purpose. Highly sensitive people tend to be driven by a sense of purpose. Other than your own immediate success, what is the higher purpose, cause, or vision that you hope your academic/career path will serve? How does being an HSP help you work toward and succeed at that purpose?
Deadline: September 30, 2021