Who Can Apply:
- The purpose of the Fund shall be to provide scholarships to current residents or graduates of Hillcrest’s Youth Program who demonstrate a desire and an aptitude to pursue higher education.
- The students eligible for assistance shall be current residents or graduates of Hillcrest’s Youth Program who demonstrate a desire to pursue higher education, and have been accepted or are currently enrolled at a two-year or four-year college or university, a vocational/technical school or certificate program. There will not be a GPA requirement. In evaluating applicants, the student’s response to an essay question in the scholarship application inviting them to express personally why they are pursuing their education will be a determining factor.
- Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments to the educational institution in August and January.
- Applications are accepted year round however formal announcements will be made in April and November of each year.
- Students may reapply annually up to four years as long as the student is making progress towards earning a degree. Progress towards earning a degree includes: a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester or its equivalent, passing classes, being in good standing with the educational institution, not dropping out, and other criteria as determined by the Youth Scholarship Committee.
Submission: Describe an educational challenge you have faced and how you overcame it.
Deadline: November 1, 2020