Horizon Air 2019 Women in Aviation Scholarship (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: Horizon Air will award two $2,500 scholarships to a female pilot pursuing a professional airline pilot career.
- Applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Candidates will be evaluated on volunteer work in the community, academic standing, teamwork, leadership skills, and airmanship.
Submission: In addition to all WAI requirements applicants must also include a detailed essay (500-1,000 words, typed and double spaced), which addresses the following topics:
1. Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in becoming a Professional Airline Pilot?
2. Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study.
3. Please describe your community involvement and volunteer work?
4. What are your long term and short-term career goals?
5. Why do you feel Horizon Air should select you to receive this scholarship?
Deadline: November 12, 2018