Who Can Apply: All legally blind people enrolled in or under consideration for admission to post-secondary training programs for the 2016/2017 school year, who are U.S. citizens, Illinois residents, and who have submitted a completed application and all required supporting materials by the August 12, 2016 deadline, are eligible to be considered for the ICB Floyd R. Cargill Scholarship. Note that while you must be a resident of Illinois, you do not have to be attending school in Illinois.
- Completed application (typewritten or filled out on-line)
- Autobiographical sketch. No more than 2 double-spaced typewritten pages, containing information about you…tell us about your personal goals, strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, honors, achievements, etc. Handwritten materials will not be accepted.
- Certification from a Doctor or Blindness Professional of your visual status.
- Certified transcripts from the school you are presently attending or most recently attended–undergraduates please include high school transcripts; graduate students please include undergraduate transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation from a current or recent instructor or counselor.
- Proof of acceptance in a post-secondary school. Entering and transferring students must submit a notice or letter from the admissions office, stating that they have been accepted or that they are under consideration for admission. (Students continuing at the same school do not need to submit this document.)
Deadline: August 6, 2016