Who Can Apply: The International Society of Woman Airline Pilots (ISA+21) offers scholarships to promote the advancement of women in the world’s airline flight decks. ISA+21 will award two B737 or A320 type ratings valued at $10,000 each.
- The successful candidates will train for eight days with Flight Training International in Miami Florida. Funds will be paid directly to the flight school and training must be completed within 18 months.
- One letter of recommendation must be from a pilot who has flown with you.
- Applicants must have an ATP, a minimum of 3000 hours total time including at least 500 multi-engine turbine, and a current first class medical certificate.
- Candidates should provide details pertinent to letters of inquiry from the FAA regarding any aircraft incidents or accidents and a list of all FAA check rides and their outcomes.
- Finalists will be interviewed at the Annual International Women in Aviation conference.
- The recipient is responsible for all travel, housing, and personal expenses during training.
- Hotel reservation assistance is available. Winners will be notified after the WAI conference.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018