(ISC)² Graduate Scholarship Program (Deadline: May 4, 2017)
Who Can Apply:
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Must be eligible to begin the first or second year of a Master’s Degree program or pursue doctoral studies
- GPA must be at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale)
- Note:If you have just been accepted to Graduate School,or are just beginning classes, you will use the final cumulative GPA from your undergraduate degree transcript to meet this criteria
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or online
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
1. Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
2. One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
4. Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than three pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Deadline: May 4, 2017