Who Can Apply: The Jack R. Barckhoff Welding Management Scholarship will be awarded to a college junior pursuing a minimum four-year bachelors degree in welding engineering (WE) at The Ohio State University. Seniors entering OSU graduate school in welding engineering will be considered if there are no qualified junior welding engineering candidates. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements. Any OSU Welding Engineer going into the Research Field upon graduation is not eligible to receive a Jack R. Barckhoff Welding Management Scholarship.
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average overall.
- Applicant must be a junior currently enrolled in the welding engineering program at The Ohio State University.
- Seniors entering The Ohio State University graduate school in welding engineering will be considered if there are no qualified junior welding engineering candidates.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Applicants not receiving the award are eligible to reapply
- Award recipients may reapply and are eligible to receive the award for a maximum of two years.
- Applicant will be expected to enroll and complete the 2-hour credit course in Total Welding Management at The Ohio State University during his/her Junior or Senior Year.
Submission: Applicant must complete a 300-500 word essay on how they see their role once they have graduated in improving the world of welding and the welding industry in the United States. And, how will they use their education to improve the U.S. competitive position in welding and manufacturing.
Deadline: February 15, 2018