James C. Patton Instrumental Music Scholarship (Deadline: March 6, 2015)
Who Can Apply:
- Be a graduate in good standing of Southmont High School, North Montgomery High School or Crawfordsville High School in Montgomery County, Indiana by the end of June of the year in which the application is filed
- Be accepted into and attend an accredited four-year public or private college or university to major or minor in instrumental music
- Must have completed a minimum of seven (7) semesters or ten (10) trimesters by the application deadline to be eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Must have participated in an extracurricular instrumental music activity in high school (Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band or Pep Band) or have studied a musical instrument outside of school, through formal lessons.
- You are not eligible to apply for the James C. Patton Scholarship if you are the child, grandchild, great grandchild, spouse, brother, sister, brother-in-law or sister-in-law of a person who during the last three years has served as a member of the Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee or Staff of the Montgomery County Community Foundation
- Complete the online MCCF Standard Scholarship application – due March 6, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- In addition to the standard essay questions, be prepared to write an essay (500 word maximum) addressing: Your involvement in instrumental music both in high school and/or outside of high school. Describe the formal education and lessons (in school and outside of school) you’ve received in instrumental music. List and describe the performances, competitions, achievements and awards you feel are your most significant accomplishments.
Deadline: March 6, 2015
Learn More: James C. Patton Instrumental Music Scholarship