James P. Pappas Scholarship (Deadline: May 25, 2017)
Who Can Apply:
- Be currently enrolled in an educational program which focuses on adult and/or continuing education or adult learning at a regional or nationally accredited institution. Acceptable majors include but are not limited to Adult and Higher Education, Educational Leadership, Education Administration, and Educational Studies.
- Be a first time bachelor or graduate degree seeker.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a minimum of 12 hours (units) with a cumulative 2.5 GPA from the institution; graduate applicants must have a minimum of 6 hours (units) with a cumulative 3.0 GPA from the institution.
- Submit an unofficial college or university transcript from your current institution.
- Ask two persons to submit recommendations.
- Submit an essay on the topic below which will be judged on written content and writing skills and must be at least 400-750 words in length.
Essay topic: Identify current issues and challenges in the field of adult education and/or continuing education. What do you see as future trends for the field? In what way(s) do you hope to impact the field? What is your personal philosophy of lifelong learning?
Deadline: May 25, 2017