Janet Clark Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: November 12, 2018)
Who Can Apply: The WAI Washington State Chapter offers a $1500 scholarship in memory of Janet Clark. She worked for the FAA as an airworthiness aviation safety inspector, maintenance division and was a member of the Washington State Chapter. Washington State Chapter members are proud of Janet’s contributions as a strong advocate for aviation education.
- The applicant shall be working towards a career in aviation, enrolled in an accredited aviation-related program, have experience volunteering in WAI events and/or aviation-related events in the previous year, and submit an essay that includes detailed explanations of the applicant’s career plans, goals, and volunteer experiences.
- The scholarship must be expensed within one year of receipt.
- It will be paid directly to an accredited program/institution, and may be applied to tuition, books, specific training, or housing if the expense is arranged through an accredited program or institution.
- Aviation careers include, but are not limited to air traffic controller, airport management, avionics technician, dispatcher, engineer, flight attendant, mechanic, meteorologist, navigator, and pilot.
- If the applicant has been working toward a career as a pilot, she/he must hold at least a private pilot certificate prior to submitting application.
- two (one-page) recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- professional résumé
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook (if applying for flight scholarships). Other applicable information as requested for each specific award/grant/scholarship.
Deadline: November 12, 2018