Jay Lamando Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2019)
Who Can Apply:
– Graduating senior from John Jay Senior High School or Roy C. Ketcham High School
– Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent
– Participation in sports and/or other extracurricular activities
– Demonstrated financial need
– Essay that discusses someone who made an impact on their life who was an inspiration and how they have used this experience to pay it forward (include any or all of these aspects: character discipline family and/or teamwork).
(limit to one page or 500 words).
– Most recent high school transcript.
– Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
– Two letters of recommendation one of which must be from a coach and/or teacher involved with the after school club/activity. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Deadline: April 1, 2019