Who Can Apply: Eligible applicants must:
1) be a resident of the DSACF service area (Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake or St. Louis in Minnesota or Ashland, Bayfield or Douglas in Wisconsin);
2) intend to enroll in the University of Minnesota Duluth the following fall;
3) have significant financial need;
4) meet ONE or more of the following “Adversity” criteria:
– Can show an improvement of two grade points or more from lowest to highest semesters of high school;
– Is a survivor of physical or sexual abuse;
– Has experienced homelessness in the past five years;
– Has participated in an alternative education program or completed a GED;
– Speaks English as a second language;
– Has been assessed as chemically dependent;
– Has ever missed a significant amount of school for medical or care-giving reasons.
Submission: Students should complete and submit the DSACF Common Application by the deadline day. A complete application will also include an academic transcript (including standardized test scores), one recommendation and financial need documentation.
Deadline: January 15, 2019