The Jeanne L. Hammond Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: April 13, 2017)
Who Can Apply:
- Be a Maine resident who will graduate or has graduated from high school and who will enroll in an accredited college or school
post-secondary education this year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a realistic goal relating to educational plans.
- Completed application form, with statement of financial need completed by a Financial Aid Official or Guidance Counselor.
- Official transcript from high school or college.
- Verification of acceptance from the college or school.
- At least two letters of recommendations pertinent to this application. These may be from school officials, teachers, employers, or
other persons not related to applicant.
- A hand signed statement by the applicant describing educational, personal goals. This should include applicant’s financial need
and family financial situation. Information about school activities, employment, and any unusual circumstances may be pertinent
to include. Electronic signature not accepted. Also, include if you or a relative are a member of BPW or AAUW, if so the name of
the relative and relationship.
- If necessary use an additional sheet to show leadership qualities, community involvement, non-traditional or stellar activities. If
high school senior, show how heavily involved in high school/community activities.
Deadline: April 13, 2017
Learn More: http://bpwmefoundation.org/scholarship-program/