Jeffrey D. McClelland Scholarship (Deadline: May 15, 2019)
Who Can Apply: US Airways established this scholarship to honor the memory of Jeff McClelland, who was the airline’s Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer at the time of his death at age 47, following a courageous 4-year battle with cancer. This scholarship provides financial assistance to students who exemplify the qualities that Jeff embodied—a love of education and life-long learning, strong work ethic, integrity, humility, and a passion for aviation.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Continuing Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level students at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and completing an academic major leading to a career in airline management. Includes Business Administration majors or minors and Aerospace Engineering majors.
- Minimum 3.25 GPA in previously completed college studies.
- Financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Career goal: airline management.
- Full time student.
Submission: Describe how you personally relate to the values reflected in the Donor Profile (found by clicking on the “Donors” link at the top of the page) on Jeff McClelland. Also, explain what you want to accomplish with a career in airline management. Include a statement on the impact of funding from this scholarship on your education. (1000 word maximum)
Deadline: May 15, 2019