The Jesse Brown Memorial Youth Scholarship Program (Deadline: February 10, 2018)
Who Can Apply:
- Scholarships can be awarded to any volunteer who is age 21 or younger and has volunteered for a minimum of 100 hours at a VA medical center. Volunteer hours can accumulate over time and must be credited to the Disabled American Veterans.
- Volunteer hours accumulated under the DAV’s Local Veterans Assistance Program (LVAP) are also eligible for consideration.
- Scholarships can be used at any accredited institution of higher learning; to include universities, colleges, community colleges, vocational schools, etc.
- Scholarships must be utilized in full prior to the recipient attaining the age of 25, or within 6 years of receiving the scholarship, whichever is later.
- Nominations for this award may be submitted by the Voluntary Service Program Manager at the VA medical center, DAV Department Commander, or the student may complete a self-nomination.
- All nomination packets should include a nomination form, essay, and any supporting documentation which you would like to have considered by the Selection Committee.
Deadline: February 10, 2018