Who Can Apply: The Jill G. Lockard-Bopp Scholarship is established to provide financial assistance to individuals pursuing an education and career in the performing arts. It is open to individuals of all ages who are pursuing a degree in any of the performing arts, or a teaching degree in the performing arts.
Applicants must be:
- A resident of the Vinton-Shellsburg, Center Point-Urbana, or Benton Community school districts, or a former resident at the time of their graduation
- A high school graduate or a graduating senior, current college student or a GED recipient
- Pursuing a post-secondary course of study in a degree program from an accredited college or university with a major in a performing arts-related discipline.
- Maintaining a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average
Submission: Eligible individuals must submit a completed application along with the following documents:
- An official high school transcript or GED certificate, and official college transcript(s), if applicable.
- A letter or documentation from the college or university establishing acceptance to post-secondary studies.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members; i.e. academic advisors, teachers, employers.
- A 300 to 500 word typewritten autobiographical sketch, including goals and how this scholarship award will help in the achievement of the goals.
Deadline: February 15, 2016
Learn More: Jill G. Lockard-Bopp Scholarship