Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship (Deadline: August 1, 2015)
Who Can Apply: The $1,000.00 scholarship check will be made payable jointly to the recipient and to the enrolling educational institution and will be sent to the enrolling school in December, after the Tri-County Health Care Foundation receives the required documentation. The scholarship is to be used for tuition, fees and/or books anytime during the recipient’s advanced or graduate level health care program. It is not transferable between colleges or universities.
- Has been accepted in an advanced or graduate level health care program with career goals in the health care field.
- Currently is or has been a resident in the service area (20 mile radius) of Tri-County Health Care, Wadena, MN, or has an immediate family member who resides in the TCHC service area.
- Potential to return to the service area and/or within the Tri-County Health Care system.
- Has demonstrated leadership ability, initiative, and active participation in work, volunteerism, and/or
- Has a G.P.A. of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, or meet the minimum G.P.A. requirements established for the college or university’s academia if it is higher.
- Submits the required application materials on or before the deadline date of August 1.
1. Signed Application Form
2. Letter of Recommendation
3. Proof of acceptance to an advanced or graduate level health care program
4. Personal Statement
5. Resume’ or Biographical Sketch
6. Current Transcript
Deadline: August 1, 2015
Learn More: Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship